23 Apr 2007

a funeral

Sad day today for me, went to the funeral of Steve Salkeld who died of cancer, a great friend, a genius, some one who helped me and lots of others out in difficult times, Steve will be missed, a good listener....liked a pint or three, still can't get my head around the fact that he has gone.

We had one big pub session a week or two before he died, lots of his friends came, I asked about his illness and he simply said 'shit happens', this gave me a lot of hope, he had real dignity in the face of death, what more can you say.

2 comments:

Momentary Madness said...

My commeriserations! Sincerely Paddy

Anonymous said...

got any pictures of steve please? I used to be an ex student, been trying to get some for years. Also, i want to know the name of his favourite piece of music

Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles

Derek Wall ’s article entitled  Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles , argues that Ma...