16 Jun 2008

Violence against peace demonstators


The protest had totally degenerated and I couldn’t see many StW stewards. I don’t know what their strategy was but whatever it was it was failing. I did a lot of running from the cops around Parliament Square as a couple of times I found myself at the front of the crash barriers with my camera.


I don’t know how many people were arrested but there were a number of bloodied demonstrators. I saw cops happily whacking people with their truncheons.


More from Louise on the bloody policing at the Bush demo yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still not statement from Johnson on Sunday's police violence. Not entirely a surprise to be honest.

On a different note, will you be at the CNWP debate/conference in a couple of weeks Derek? If so we'll have to go for a green tea or something!

Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles

Derek Wall ’s article entitled  Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles , argues that Ma...