What do I want for my birthday?l


Well half way to ninety today and have dozens of happy birthday greetings on my facebook.....and of course as a cyclist I am happy with each new birthday particularly!


Slightly dodgy birthday because I got back home to find, not a surprise party and extra cake but an electricity blackout, apparently a vast swathe of Warfield, Ascot and Winkfield has been in the dark because of a problem with a sub-station at Chavey Down.

in 1993 I spent my birthday in the cells of the Bristol cops because of a bit direct action at Golden Hill in a Tescos/greenfield protest....so I am not complaining about a bit of non electricity compared to being imprisoned.

Anyway otherwise, great birthday, nice presents and lots of greetings from all over the world.....but if you want to give me a present link to Intercontinental Cry and take action http://intercontinentalcry.org/call-on-authorities-in-brazil-to-protect-the-guarani-people/

Material goods are so last century and indigenous struggle to protect tierra madre is so this millenium....so make the link

Comments

luna17 said…
Happy birthday Derek. A well-chosen picture for this post, I must say. Here's to another year of tireless campaigning and blogging.
Stuart Jeffery said…
Happy birthday Derek!

Keep up your great campaigning.

Stuart

Popular posts from this blog

Fidel Castro Obituary – by Hugo Blanco

HOW IS POLITICS DONE IN PERU? Protest against neoliberalism and ecocide in Peru.

Elinor Ostrom's Rules for Radicals