17 Jan 2009

When they have killed me....


In the wake of my death I know you will make all the usual sanctimonious noises and call upon the police to hold a swift and thorough inquiry. But like all the inquiries you have ordered in the past, nothing will come of this one, too. For truth be told, we both know who will be behind my death, but dare not call his name. Not just my life, but yours too, depends on it.


Lasantha Wickrematunge, 50, was killed last Friday as he went to work at his newspaper The Sunday Leader,he believed the government would kill him so wrote his own obituary.

The blood flows and who notices, even in left and green political parties, do we have our eyes on the corpses or on our careers?

No comments:

Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles

Derek Wall ’s article entitled  Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles , argues that Ma...