9 Jan 2010

Green Party campaigning in the ice and snow today


A GREEN FUTURE

PUBLIC MEETING 14th JAN 2010 7.30PM
SHALLOWS BAR at WINDSOR LEISURE CENTRE
CLEWER MEAD, STOVELL ROAD, WINDSOR SL4 5JB

SPEAKERS: JEAN LAMBERT MEP
PLANE STUPID
DEREK WALL Green
Parliamentary Candidate for Windsor



Four of us ran a stall in Peascod Street, next to the Post Office in Windsor today.

I have been having frozen pipe problems here in Winkfield where I live, my home is made of wood and beautifully warm without having to spend too much on heating, however there are some external pipes which have been giving me problems.

Once less frozen....I made my way through the snowy wasteland which is rural East Berkshire.

Waited for the bus at the Squirrels and lo and behold it came on time, I am almost happy to pay the £5.50 return into Windsor.

A fair few people came and chatted to us about climate change, MPs expenses and other issues. One person came up to say how impressed he was with Alan Wheatley the Green Party disability speaker.

Quite encouraging and I think we may pick up some new members.

It was also the first time I had met Phil Wilson, a Maidenhead member, with lots of energy and organisational experience. Thanks to Mark and Adrian for making the effort to help on a very cold day.

All bodes well for the General Election, we have a public meeting on thursday with Jean Lambert MEP and Plane Stupid.

Outside party politics Maidenhead has a thriving Transition Town movement and members of the local faith communities are doing some good work.

I am looking forward to some decent election debates and I will also be going down to Brighton to help elect Caroline Lucas, in fact I am down next weekend with former Labour MEP Hugh Kerr.

I am also encouraging people to support Salma Yaqoob and I will be helping the great Jerry Hicks in this trade union leadership contest, so busy year coming up.

If you want to get involved in my General Election campaign or donate email me on wallddd @ hotmail.com

No comments:

Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles

Derek Wall ’s article entitled  Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles , argues that Ma...