21 Feb 2009

Morning Strike suspended


I did a European candidates election debate yesterday, which was great fun, especially Douglas Hurd's poor chairing but rather entertaining comments...and I ran into some people I knew from one of Oxfordshire's peace groups.

They told me they found the Morning Star essential, a daily newspaper covering the peace movement.

Its a daily radical newspaper that gives coverage to all on the progressive left. I have disagreements with it but it gives a variety of voices space, much more pluaralist than most political newspapers.

So I have dismayed by the recent strike. I think that the staff deserve to be paid more but I appreciate that most political newspapers pay nothing at all!

Any way glad to learn from today's Press Gazette that the strike has been suspended and both sides are going to be talking.


More on this here



By the way I have column with the Morning Star and no I don't get paid.

No comments:

Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles

Derek Wall ’s article entitled  Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles , argues that Ma...