27 Jan 2011

Farid Bakht for Mayor!


I am pleased my friend Farid is seeking the Green Party nomination for London Mayor, people tend to vote for incumbents so I expect Jenny Jones is likely to win but I think Farid for a number of reasons would raise the game for the Green Party, he has the personality to make a splash against Boris and Ken.

Please like his facebook 4Mayor site here

And take a look at his carbon politics blog.



The Greens must reflect the city in gender, ethnicity and sexuality if its people are going to vote for us.

Regularly voting Green, I joined the Party after spending a few years in Bangladesh. There, I saw the devastating impact of floods and climate change and its connection to poverty and social injustice. I campaigned against India and China's mega-dam building projects, for the economic rights of female garments workers and for rickshaw pullers. I set up a Renewable Energy Association to promote solar power, a sector which has now taken off.

On my return, I joined the Green Party because for me it is the only one which has a coherent ideology to transform society in both rich and poor countries, for men & women, for young & the elderly.

Half-Basque, half-Bengali, born in Hackney, I was brought up in London. Married, I have a 9 year old daughter & live in West London.

MORE HERE

3 comments:

weggis said...

Who is the third man/woman?

Unknown said...

Sharir Ali from Brent Green Party

Bryn said...

that should be Shahrah Ali

Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles

Derek Wall ’s article entitled  Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles , argues that Ma...